ES - Post Springfaire relaxation

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 07:03:36 PDT 1999

I would like to thank all of Elfsea for their efforts at such a fun
event as the Spring Faire.  Even though mundane life stepped in and
stomped all over my plans, and we didn't arrive on site until 9:00 pm
Saturday night, during court, we had a marvelous time.

I brought a friend of mine that has been curious about what we do.  We
sat in the back of court, at some marvelous left-overs (I loved the
bread, which I used for my impromptu plate under various and sundry
delicasies.  My friend inhaled 3 plates of the cottage cheese and mint
salad.  What a wonderful way to enjoy court when we arrived late
without any food on the way!  Thank you so much!!

Sunday morning, we dressed the children, fed them breakfast (and some
more of the feast left-overs!) and sent them off to explore the
merchant row.  Then my friend and I ambled over to the list field to
sit in the shade and watch the new-comer lists.  My lord husband, Sir
Thorgierr, was involved in the heavy list, and it was fun again to
explain some finer points of fighting "on the honor system" to someone
new to all this.

We had a great time, and I have the sunburn to prove it!

We have been on a hiatus from the Society for a little over a year,
because it had begun to seem that politics were more important to
people (not here in Elfsea, but in other locations) than friendship or
service. When we moved here to Tarrant County, and found ourselves in
Elfsea, we didn't know what wonderful thing had happened to us.

Now I see that we are in a wonderful place, and that all the things I
valued in the SCA are still valued here.  You cannot even imagine what
that means to me.

Thank you Barony of Elfsea, for renewing my faith in honor, in
dedication, and in just plain having fun!

Tyrca

===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
-"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra