ES - Consort Tourney Clarification.......

S. McFarlane Tanwyn at flash.net
Tue Apr 6 19:24:50 PDT 1999

    Greetings... This tourney  was planned for fun and not intended to leave anyone out, step on anyone's' toes, offend , or so forth and so on. In
the past you will recall that we like to hold Off THE WALL tourneys at Spring Faire, such as the peasants list (which we are no longer holding).
    The topic of our event is "A Welsh Day in the Country", with the atmosphere to be that of a country fair. There will be a Tavern Yard for those
who wish to participate in adding a little excitement on the side. There will also be the novice list to be held on sunday.  There is only a limited
time in at each event, and just no way to please everyone all the time. I'm sorry that this leaves you out to fight against your own consort, but
there are other choices...
     I liked the suggestion that you could choose a child or a family member, or just a friend who would really get a thrill out of having someone
fight for them. And there are plenty of people that have never had anyone fight for them. Like me! My lord husband is not a member of the SCA and does
not play, but I on the other hand, have been a member of the SCA for 5 years now in Elfsea ,and have never had anyone fight for my honor. ( it would
be nice )<sigh>  This is supposed to be fun.
We appreciate your concerns and will definitely take them into consideration in the future.( Not that I plan on stewarding an event again for awhile!
HAHA)

~ Just my 3 cents worth.......   Tanwyn   aka: The larger half of the stewards!     : - )

PS:  Any further questions on the rules of this tourney please refer them to the sponsers of the Ransom Tourney: Ly Allesandra, whom of which I would
like to thank for all of her work in coordinating this.