ES - Publishing rules...

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Tue Aug 3 21:04:55 PDT 1999

I think I need to stick my 2 cents in on this issue.  First off, I feel
that people should be able to make a reasonable attempt at authenticity.
However, we need to keep in mind the fact that people have a differing
opinion of what a reasonable attempt is. Second, by placing a rule on a
tourney that says "We will not let you play, if you don't dress they way we
think you should." turns this game into something that is no longer fun.

In my 3 years in this kingdom, people have heard me to praise Ansteorra.
This is due in a large part to the lay-back atmosphere of this barony and
the way people are made to feel welcome.  Until now I thought I left the
authenticity police behind in the East.  Let us remember that this a hobby
we do on weekends for the most part.  This is not our real lives.  Let us
not take the fun out of the activity by creating rules that are so
stringent that people feel unwelcome.

Sindara

saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com