ES - Are we doing to much?

Arabella de Montacute ladyarabella at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 12:54:28 PDT 1999

This is Arabella .....Ok I have a few cents to add...  My coments are inside
this letter...

Alright, I'll ask this question...

Do we in Elfsea just have so much to do that there is no day other than the
day of Fool's Revel to do anything anymore?  So far on the day of Fool's
Revel we have :

Fool's Revel
* - which was planned by the Baronial Officers and agreed to as a Baronial
Event.

A Field Trip to a Leather shop
* - Which was set as an available date for the visiting instructors because
they also have a Barony to run.  The field trip will be no more than 4 hours
during the whole day, will involve no more than 8 people of the
participants, ( I would expect that about 40 will come to this event, but
this is only my best guess)

A Bardic Work Weekend
* - was planned without formal communication from or to the Officers of the
Barony.  And as she has stated in a missive in the last day or two, not an
official baronial event.

and a Birthday party though that is hardly in the same league as the rest of
this.
* - again was planned without communication, that I know of, and is not
remotely a baronial event.

* - I guess what I'm saying is that of  all the items you mentioned, only
one is in true conflict by being planned as an official baronial activity.
and that is the field trip.

Well it just couldn't work any other way.  We tried to not make it too
conflictive, it is in the morning before 12:00.  In past revels the majority
of folks showed up after noon.  The workshop is the next day...  I guess you
can't please everyone!! - Arabella

Timothy of Glastonbury