ES - Hair Extensions

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at home.com
Mon Aug 16 17:52:04 PDT 1999

Vanora wrote:

You can also go where  the baroness gets hers, Hair Depot in Arlington. I
believe it's in the  SE side of town... 303 or Park Row and Collins?!?!

That's the place.  Actually, I think it's at Arkansas and Collins.  It caters mostly to minorities, but my hair color comes from a bottle, and pretty well matches one of the favorite colors there.

They do have real hair pieces, which can be dyed with permanent hair color as well.  They have the best prices in town.  Of course, if you are looking for really weird colors and wigs, you can find them there as well.

I love it when people ask me how long it takes to put up my hair.  If they do it at the end of an event, I just tell them "As long as it takes to come down!!" and I start pulling off the braids.  You should see the looks on their faces!!

Hair pieces have been used throughout history.  I started wearing one at our investiture - the Baronial coronet was too small for me, and we didn't have time to resize it.  I ended up wearing the braids almost all the time.  It is just so easy to deal with and looks so Byzantine (not to mention the fact that it keeps the coronet from digging into my head).

Baroness Xene, OL