ES - Youth combat and this weekend.

Vicki Marsh Vicki_Marsh at administaff.com
Fri Aug 6 11:09:07 PDT 1999

Greetings, Elfsea,

Thank you, Sir Galen, for trying to make this work.  Some things take longer
than other to get off the ground, but persistence will pay off.

Anthony is only 9 and Sam is 8.  Don't the youth have to be 10 for the
Chivalric combat?  I would like to get both of them involved, but haven't
the copies of the rules that were signed into law.

As for this Sunday, we are attending the Saturn Homecoming and baseball game
at 4 PM and will miss fighter practice.

Could you lead an informal discussion on Youth combat at a future event -
like the Fool's Revel or the College of Dragonsfire Tor?

We will all be at the Steppes Artisan this weekend, playing our fingers to
the bone in the musician's pit, looking at all the lovely A & S displays,
and watching the lively rapier competition.  I heard something about a
"Silly" tournament that occurred at Queen's Champion, and that the silliness
may continue at Steppes. Court should be pretty interesting, as well as the
Ball for those who dance (don't ask me, I'm with the Band!!).

We encourage all of Elfsea to attend this event, especially the chivalric
fighters who might pass up an A & S/Rapier event.

If you do attend, and are able to, please volunteer to help our sister
Barony.  We are all Ansteorrans, and will stand strong together in the
vanguard against the Trimaran Army.  To do so, we must forge our bonds now,
in times of friendship.

In Peace and Grace,

Baroness Xene, OL