ES - Re: Another list of peculiar laws (no cites, as usual).

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Fri Aug 27 06:17:00 PDT 1999

On Aug 26, 10:17pm, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the
> first time this happens her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
>  (I shudder at the thought.)
Hi,
	I'm forwarding this one to an SCA discussion group for discussion.
	It turns out that at certain times in the middle ages, initial
relations of a married couple were in fact observed.  It was intended to
provide independent verification of the marriage, which could be annulled if
there were no physical relations.
	On a related note, in some cultures, the mother of the bride would
actually parade the blood-stained sheets through the sheets to provide evidence
of the virtue of her daughter.

--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Good luck Mr. Gorsky