ES - Elfsea Defender

Vicki Marsh Vicki_Marsh at administaff.com
Mon Aug 2 15:22:11 PDT 1999

Leather combat shoes are not bad, as they simulate period footwear. They are
tall, leather boots, much like those used by various cultures over several
centuries.

I do not have any knowledge of period footwear that look like tennis shoes.
If you find any documentation to support tennis shoes with white rubber
soles and "Adidas" or an orange basketball on it, please show me in person.
I have seen all-black tennis shoes that were "slashed and puffed" to look
like Elizabethan court shoes.  This is great!!

Llywleyn and I are trying to improve the visual aspects of Our list field at
Defender.  If you have a problem with that, then please contact us in
person, not on the list.  If you are not sure, ask.

If a person is new, they may not have had a chance to get new footwear, and
they can discuss this with His Excellency and myself at the event.

If you are not sure what footwear is period, I suggest that you check out
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/carlson/SHOEHOME.HTM

Baroness Xene, OL