ES - Are we doing to much?

Vicki Marsh Vicki_Marsh at administaff.com
Fri Aug 13 07:57:35 PDT 1999

Xene here:

I wrote a reply to this very question several weeks ago, but didn't keep a
copy.

Basically, no, we are not doing too much.  We are a much larger group than
we used to be.
We are also more diverse.

As for the Bardic Work Weekend, I have already had conversations with Simone
about the scheduling of her private bardic events.  They are not official
SCA events (no autocrat, no official guild, not published in an official SCA
publication on the official calendar, etc.).  Unfortunately, she also did
not check with the Seneschalate or ourselves about her scheduling.  In the
future, we will be working closer together on her project, though.

The visit of our Noble Cousins to teach their art has been in the planning
since they were unable to teach at our Baronial College.  This was the only
weekend they could come.

This time, we just had bad timing and poor communication.  For this weekend,
you have to make a choice as to what you want to do.

And if you think you are too busy......
I will be late getting to the Fool's Revel, as I have "Mom" type errands
that I have to run.  Then on Sunday, we have the Pokemon fair at the Parks
Mall.  I will also being going to Philip's birthday party after  the Fool's
Revel (Llywelyn gets to take the boys home).  We also have to prepare for
Llywelyn's trip to LA (he's on the road again) and I have to write my paper
for the Alexandrian Symposium.

Tell me about being busy.

Life is Great (pant, pant...) in Elfsea.

Baroness Xene, OL