ES - shoes

Sandeekg at AOL.com Sandeekg at AOL.com
Wed Aug 4 09:25:47 PDT 1999

I have to add my 2 cents on this issue. First, Defender is about 6 weeks
away. Even enough time for us cronic procrastonaters to get things together.
A large part of the fun is sloughing off the most blatent mundanity (as much
as is humanly possible) and trying to at least look the part. Walking around
with a water bottle is overlookable, walking around with a soda can isn't.
2nd, Studies have shone that expensive running shoes, etc., do NOT protect
the feet, ankles, legs and knees better than old fashioned army issue combat
boots. People usually pay a lot for specialty shoes because of the image it
affords them, not because they really buy into the propaganda that it is
truly a safer product. And 3rd, making arguements about everything that is
suggested is as bad as being in a room with a bunch of 13 year olds. After
having reared 4 kids (only 1 left, thank God) perceived bickering exhausts
me. I don't want to insult anyone, I'm not a confronational person, but
sometimes these lines get very tedious.

Having loads of fun playing the game and pretending.
Siobhan