ES - Elfsea Defender

DonnelShaw at AOL.com DonnelShaw at AOL.com
Tue Aug 3 11:13:09 PDT 1999

In a message dated 08/03/1999 10:18:07 AM EST, ToddMarsh at sierrasys.com writes:

<< In general, the key phrase is "some attempt".  You don't have to spend a
lot
 of time or money to look Great, just avoid looking really bad.  For example,
 I have a pair of solid black tennis shoes I bought at Target for about $12.
 They would be fine.  At Steppes Warlord, I forgot to bring my boots, so I
 went into town and bought a pair of brown leather shoes for about $25.  With
 a little planning I could have spent less.  I now wear them to work.  Other
 than the patterned sole, these look very much like the shoes worn in 16th
 century England.

 Most armor looks pretty good.  If you don't like the way yours looks, wear a
 tabard.  A little change like putting your kidney belt under your surcoat
 instead of over it can make a big difference.

 We are not trying to keep people from fighting, we are trying to make our
 most visible activity look better.

 Llywelyn
 Lord Elfsea

You have so many positive creative advise. I am glad you are our Baron.

I also want to point out that some of the Top fighters in our kingdom started
out with really BAD armor.  Inman use to wear a red bandana under his helm
and looked like a cylone(Battle Star Galactica for you young things out
there.)  And Thorkel use to wear Fuzzy stuff I think it was Carpet or
something like it and they called him a Wookie (That is Star Wars but even
you young things know about that.)

 The point is keep working at it you will get your Armor there eventually.