ES - Akira Kurosawa Film Festival

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Mon Aug 30 06:38:27 PDT 1999

Hi,
	Some comments (more like reviews).  I'm getting some blank tapes.
--
--Sfi Mordehai ben Yosef Yitzhak, Aka Matthew G. Saroff

This is not the Dream.  This is what I do on weekends to have some fun.

The Dream involves 4 sets of identical twins, 2 gallons of Cool
Whip, 5 quarts of chocolate syrup, 2-1/4 pounds of strawberries,
satin sheets, a magnum of champagne, a trapeze, and a python.
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Good luck Mr. Gorsky

On Aug 30,  7:49am, Spence Mabry wrote:

> 	1 am		The Hidden Forest -- inspired George Lucas' Star
> Wars
	That's the "The Hidden Fortress", not fortress.  Not the most
significant of Korosawa's efforts, but lots of fun, and it has the flat out
BEST fight scene (with polearm) that I have ever seen.
	A different plot from "Star Wars", but at least two shots are lifted
right out of this movie.
> Sept. 10	7 pm		Rashoon -- inspired Paul Newman's The
> Outrage
	I believe that that is Rashomon.  One of his finest works.  Really
thoughtful and deep piece. A kind of a mystery.  My dat's favorite movie
> 	9 pm		Ikiru
	Set in modern Japan.  About the forces of conformity in modern Japan
and a dying bureaucrat.  A very sad film.
> Sept. 17	7 pm		The Seven Samurai -- inspired The
> Magnificent Seven
	Arguably the finest film ever made, came in 2nd, after "Citizen Kane",
on all time great movies a few years back.  MUCH better (and more coherent)
than the "Magnificent Seven".
	My favorite movie.