ES - Gothic War hotel reservations

Beth Zimmerman bethzimm at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 31 13:32:22 PDT 1999

Well, after moving to Blue Mound I'm finally back on-line.  It's
been an
interesting couple of months moving into the new house and all.
On top of everything I started this new job on last Monday. A
one-year
contract with GTE working as a process Quality Assessor in GTE's
Quality/ Process Improvement Office. They're trying to get to CMM
level 2. A chance for me to get back into process improvement,
which I enjoy and think is a lot of fun. I started at the same
time as another lady from my consulting firm. I thought things
were going well. I knew they weren't happy with the other lady.
She was disruptive. Things like interrupting people, not wanting
to read their documentation and then ask questions (she just
wanted them to tell her what to do) and cursing in the office and
just being overly loud. I also know they were unhappy about her
behavior in a training class loudly commenting on some new
information and rolling her eyes and such. So I get this call
from my resource person telling me not to go into work that there
are some issues that need clarifying and now I find that along
with her, I'm off the contract. Theresa, My resource person, says
it's a guilt by association thing. There are no direct complaints
about me, but I've been lumped with this other lady. She also
believes that I intimidate the other PQAs. Beats me as to why.
Yes, I have experience in this area, but it's not like I'm after
their jobs or anything. I'm absolutely devastated by the whole
thing. The sort of it is that I'm now back out on the market and
searching for another job. My company is out looking for another
position for me and they have a couple of opportunities they're
trying to set up interviews for.

I'm taking my frustration out on the house right now. Cleaning
everything that doesn't move, so the cats are safe. Unless they
lay down.