ES - This is pretty clear...

Valentyn valentyn at home.com
Tue Aug 3 20:05:02 PDT 1999

Sorry, I'm responding to every tenth message as I read them...

This makes for a pretty clear definition.  NOW if I were driving five hours to
the event, I wouldn't have to worry about whether "reasonable attempt"
means late-15th century English footwear, etc.  Should be enough.

By the way, as far as the children are concerned: The youth rapier rules
specifically require footwear which provides traction.  For some reason,
this was a big sticky point when the committee was formulating the rules.
Don't be surprised if we see tennis shoes for a long time to come with
the youth -- flat-soled boots are considered dangerous according to the
kids' rules.

Valentyn