ES - From Elfsea Defender Prize Coordinator

Arabella de Montacute ladyarabella at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:52:51 PDT 1999

Greetings from Arabella de Montacute,
	Each year we hold a Defender Tournament in September.  Each year we have a
large competitor turnout, as many as 40 each in Chivalric and Rapier and 20
in Archery, to compete for the ability to represent Elfsea.  I suspect this
year we will have more, remember there are no other events opposite ours.
Furthermore, one of the reasons we have so many in our lists is because we
give away great prizes.
        One of the noble virtues is largess, (donations, gifts, and
contributions). This is a reminder that we need items for our prize baskets
for this year's Defender.  Instead of doing a chest this year we are giving
multiple baskets for our Defenders; Chivalric, Rapier, and Archery, and a
basket each for the Culinary and Culture parts of Embassy Row.
        Suggestions items might include: any kind of hand made gifts,
candles, candle sticks, soaps, feast gear, natural fabrics or fibers, trim,
medieval looking buttons, natural beads, medieval reference books, needle
work, woven items, duct tape, leather, buckles, armor hardware, sewing
items, hand held fans, table cloths and napkins, smaller baskets, medieval
looking silver ware, decorative blades, sunscreen, individual bug spray, Dr
Scholl’s foot pads, tent stakes, twine, scented oils, period games,
calligraphy pens, ect…
        Please contact me at 817-467-6959 or ladyarabella at hotmail.com  I’d
like to have the items before the event so I can take the time to indicate
on each item who donated it.  (I’d rather not do all of this at the event,
….please)
		In faithful service to Barony and Kingdom,
		Arabella