ES - Life is Good, but Life is also Short

Vicki Marsh vicki_marsh at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:01:02 PST 1999

Greetings, Elfsea,

In view of recent events, I would like to put forth this message for you all
to consider.

Life is Good in Elfsea, but the reason it is Good is that we choose to make
it good.

We choose to work through our differences.  We choose to deal with the
problem at hand.  We choose not to attack each other in the malicious gossip
that tears apart so many other SCA groups.

We choose to allow many leaders and many diverse groups to thrive without an
"in" group, or an "out" group.  There is no "us" versus "them" here.

We choose our battles wisely.
We choose to have fun, and reach out to others rather than sit in our
campsites and complain about not being noticed, or not having fun.  We make
our own fun.

We choose not to react, but to think and respond with kindness and dignity
to any perceived insult.

Everyday we choose to make a difference in our lives, our families lives,
the SCA community that we play in, and in the world around us.

Yes, my saying "Life is Good in Elfsea" is known by many, but one of my
private sayings is that "Life is too short for Bulls**t".  It is the other
side of the coin, but one that is important to me personally.

As we approach the next century, I give you my beliefs to consider. Please
take the time to love your family, and listen to them.  Your time is the
most valuable thing that you can give to anyone.

In Service to Elfsea, Ansteorra, God and Family,

Baroness Xene Theriane, OL