ES - repost: New Year's Eve Party tonight!

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Dec 31 06:53:56 PST 1999

Galen of Bristol & Allessandra Desiderio announce:

Everybody's invited to our

 * NOT THE MILLENNIUM New Year's Eve Party *
          (and housewarming)

There's a 100 years in a century, and 1000 years
in a millennium, and the first year of the calendar
is 1.  So neither the 20th Century nor the 2nd
Millennium is over 'til after next year, but what
a year 1999 has been!  And what potential 2000
holds!  So let's ring it in with our favorite people!
Come help enforce our cleaning and unpacking
deadline [which we're still working on today], and
share in the enjoyment of our new home, and the
launch of the new year.

date:   New Year's Eve, of course, Dec. 31st
time:   8:00 pm - 2:00 am, unless we're not tired yet
        [People needing to crash overnight can be
        accomdated, but you'll want to bring bedding.]
dress:  casual (SCA garb welcome but not encouraged)
        [and feel free to dress up if you want to]
food:   we'll provide snacks, munchies and soft
        drinks, as well as some champaigne for
        midnight, but please bring your own adult
        beverages.  [But for those who've asked, if
        _really_ want to bring food or beverages, that'll
        be fine, too!]
kids:   kids are welcome, we'll set up a tv & vcr in
        Chris' room, and put Disney movies on it.
activities:
        music, games, conversation, great company
directions:
        - Take I-20 to Cooper St. in Arlington
        - Go south on Cooper (pass Green Oaks)
        - Turn left (east) on Sublett