ES - Kids and SCA

Amy arich at generich.com
Tue Dec 14 16:46:28 PST 1999

Lady Ameline Du Bois here Elfsea Minister of Children
 I have two boys 3.5 and a 6.5.Wow how time flies!With each families in the
SCA there is a different comfort zone for cleanliness,
volume,safety,distance(away from parent),..the list is endless...You will
need to find yours.At 3or4 children's activities needs to have an adult with
them.Even at 5 if you want your child to be at activities we (the crazy
people you leave your kids with)ask for 15 to 30 min.of your  time.
                                                        <Not that that
always happens.>
At your sons age maybe you could find someone to tag team so you could fight
then help watch their kids.Find kids that are close in age to your
son.Foster a relationship with their parents.I find if I go to an event with
kids I have more fun if I look at as <our time,> not my time.Walking is
slower, getting dressed takes longer,sunscreen is more important.Just take
more time and care for all things.We have lots of fun but it helps to be
prepared to step back and see the wonder of it all,at the pace of the
child.To expect more ,and we all have, is unfair to the child.I strive to
keep all happy it doesn't always work but <our time>is worth all my effort.

Lady Ameline Du Bois
Elfsea Minister of Children
Protege to Master Richard Fairbourne
------