ES - Scroll calendar

Carolyn Smith Pennington mara_of_rede at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 01:04:04 PST 1999

Most of you probably did not see me at Dragonsfire Tor
Yule Revel, but I was there, having the time of my
life! We had great times in the kitchen, thanks to a
wonderful crew.
Ron, Kristin, Iain, Cynan and Gillian were wonderful!
They worked long, hard and, best of all, for free! (I
almost said they were tireless, but I don't think I
can go that far!) They were willing to do anything
asked of them, immediately if not sooner. They put up
with conflicting orders, heat, bobbles, and last
minute changes. There are not enough words to say
thank you. Vivat!
To Sean of Argyle and lovely lady, Francesca, for
donating large quantities of fresh and dried herbs to
make the feast taste (and smell!) wonderful! Thank you
from the bottom of my heart, especially for taking a
day off work to make the delivery.
To the servers, bless you all. You had the misfortune
to be in the kitchen when I finally had that crisis of
nerves! Thank you for putting up with me at my lowest
ebb. To Nick, organized said servers, Vivat! And
thanks for not murdering me on the spot.... To the
children I give a very special "thank you". Ansteorra
is richer for your presence, and her future is secure
in your hands.
There is always the risk you will forget someone when
you do a list of this sort:
I would not want to forget all the wonderful people of
the Tor who pitched in at the last minute to bake
fresh bread for the feast. They did a wonderful job!
Marie also baked; her beautiful bread wreath was
served to the high table.
Lady Desiree made sure that we had a great variety of
cheeses for the feast.
Dragonsfire Tor has a wonderful group. They always go
out of their way to make us welcome, and bend over
backwards to give us whatever we want or need. For
this Yule Revel they outdid themselves. Lady Desiree,
Lady Caristiona and Lord Thomas were more than
accomodating.
A heartfelt thank you and a resounding "Vivat" goes to
them, from me.

My last thank you is to my very special friends, Lord
William and Lady Cassandra Palfrey. None of it would
have been possible but for them. I have had a long
rough Fall, and most of the responsibilty fell on them
for the organization, buying and planning. They were
there for me every step of the way. Thank you, my
friends, and "Vivat!" And William makes a mean sauce!
I had so much fun i would like to do it again next
year, if the Tor will have me....

Scriptum est! It is written!

=====
HL Mara of Rede
Barony of Elfsea
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger or cripples us for life."