ES - RE: Clan Firefall

Candace Selph cansel at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 2 06:40:11 PST 1999

Ok everyone - here's the deal

Nina and I had a long conversation yesterday and if you notice - Randall and
David are not on the to line for this email.

FireFall is not being dissolved!

David does not have the authority to do so without the approval of the
elders - I believe I speak for the majority of the elders when I say the
elders do not approve.

Basically - we have a case of two boys getting fried by the Y2K bug and a
few other personal issues.  Basically, they are burnt.  They are not
thinking clearly, and they are letting emotions get the best of them.

I do not feel that David is trying to just drop us, I feel he honestly
believes that he is doing something for the good of all.  Clearly everyone
can see that he is not thinking with a clear mind.

So with that in mind, David is not allowed to resign nor is Randall... they
are on vacation.  I informed Randall of this yesterday and will let David no
eventually as well.  They hold their titles still, they are just on hiatus.
They can play or not - makes no difference for now - if they show up, great!
If they do not, we will still be flying the banners of FireFall.

If David or Randall show up at an event - they are there to have fun not act
as Clan Lord or Steward - so please do not approach them with any problems
(SCA related) - they are still your friends, you want to go to them on a
"personal" basis - then far be it from me to say not to bug them <g>.

Let the Y2K stuff calm down, and a few other things and then let them think
things through.  The Elders along with David will then have a meeting and
make rational choices - not ones based on human emotions and frazzled minds.

So in conclusion - please disregard any email that has come through from the
2 boys who are not completely themselves and know that FireFall is not
ending.  The worst that will happen is that in March or April some of the
governing bodies may shift.

In Service,

Lady Mincloth  ingen Lochlainn (aka) Mina
?	E-Mail: cansel at microsoft.com
?	E-Mail:  candace at directlink.net
?	wk Phone:	972-714-6190
?	hm Phone:	972-492-1830