ES - The poem

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Sun Dec 26 00:29:21 PST 1999

Dear Viscountess Katherine,

Although I agree with Sir Galen's rules of moderation for the list, necessary to keep it from becoming crowded with non-SCA subjects, I want you to know that I did not find your posting of the poem in any way offensive.  It touched me in a way that I am sure is shared by many of us who have devoted at least some part of our lives to the way of the warrior; this is part of why the SCA is so dear to me, for the Brotherhood of Arms is not something you just walk away from, and much of our Society is dedicated to that very thing.  It helps to fill a need in my life that will always be there - Chivalry, Honor and the Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of Arms.

Just an old soldier's two cents worth.

A blessed holiday season to all.

Lord Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
of House Mac an Ghabhann
(Sam Milligan, MSgt, USAF (Ret))

--
May you live as long as you want, and love as long as you live.