ES - [Fwd: [Fwd: health]]

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Wed Feb 3 10:10:34 PST 1999

Rhonda New recently said:

>> Friends,
>> This is important.  Please share this with your friends.  I got rid of
>> the headers because the message had been forwarded a few times.
>> Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood
>>
>> Aspartame - The Silent Killer
>>
>>  I have spent several days lecturing at the WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL
>> CONFERENCE on "ASPARTAME marketed as 'NutraSweet', 'Equal', and
>> 'Spoonful"'. In the keynote address by the EPA, they announced that
>> there was an epidemic of multiple sclerosis and systemic lupus, and they

Who wrote this article, and when?  What are the author's qualifications?
When and where was this speech delivered?  What peer-reviewed publication
published any such studies, and in which edition?

This article is fear-mongering of the sort usually reserved for
bogus food warnings and computer virus alerts.  I know you posted
it because you're concerned about us, Elizabeth, but folks, let's
please not post articles like this to the Elfsea list.

This sort of e-mail is the 90's successor to junkmail chain letters.
It's part of the fear industry, and I don't appreciate finding it in
my e-mail.

Besides, I don't want this list to become a forum for warnings about
the dangers of caffeine, italian food, alcohol, tobacco, marajuana,
Chevy trucks, fast food, Firestone tires, computer viruses, stupid
legislation or whatever else one of us has become upset about.

Thanks!

- Galen
List Administrator