ES - [Fwd: [Fwd: health]]

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Wed Feb 3 14:45:45 PST 1999

At 10:25 AM 2/3/99 -0600, you wrote:
>  Friends,
>   I got rid of
>the headers because the message had been forwarded a few times.
>Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood  Aspartame - The Silent Killer   I have spent several

I am going to speak to this only briefly.  There is a lot of good
information on the Internet for those of you interested in pursuing this
further.

When aspartame first came out my endochrinologist told not to consume it
under any circumstances.  When I was pregnant with Natalie my OB told me
the same thing.  There are studies that are coming out noting a
relationship between the consumption of large quantities of this sweetener
and brain tumors in humans.  THey are still looking at its affect on
pregnant women and their unborn children.  Actually aspartame is on the
questionable list when you're pregnant.  One has to wonder sometimes why
the FDA is so quick to approve things like this without fully studying
their effects.

Sindara