ES - Bardic revel @ Tarkus'

Sam Milligan miligan at anet-dfw.com
Sat Jan 9 00:10:30 PST 1999

Paul Mitchell wrote:

> So, how'd the revel last night go?  Who won the cloak?
>
> I wanted to go, but was not feeling well last night.
>
> - Galen

Antigones won the competition with a wonderful piece that he had written
and I believe he performed for the first time last night.

At the suggestion of Tarkus, and agreed to by all bards present, the
cloak (which by the way is a beatiful garment) is a pass along prize, and
there will be a competition at Tarkus's every three months, the form to
be determined by the previous winner.  Each bard who has the privilege of
wearing the cloak will add his/her name to it in gold thread before
passing it along.

Timothy of Glastonbury, gracious in defeat as all we bards tend to be,
was heard to utter:  "You mean the first name on the cloak will be
Antigones BEARBAIT?"

Sorry you couldn't join us, Galen - it was a spirited and strong
competition, and as usual with the bardic evenings at Tarkus's, a great
deal of fun.

Padraig
--
'When I make a word do a lot of work like that,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'I
always pay it extra.'