ES - Queen's Champion

Timothy of Glastonbury timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 17:26:26 PST 1999

Greetings Elfsea,

As many have no doubt already heard, this last weekend the Barony of
the Stargate held the competition for Queen's Champion.

Our new Queen's Champion is Don Miguel de O'Porto, returning once
again to this honored station which he held in concert with Don
Brendan MacEwan during the reign of HE Katrionna.

The Queen's Blade of Honor is given out once every reign for chivalry
and honor upon the rapier field.  HE Kayleigh Drake was honored with
this award at Queen's Champion.  She yielded a bout to a less
experienced fighter because he delivered a cut to her hand, which
would have caused significant blood loss and pain in a true fight.
Few fighters take the dream to this level upon the field.

Our barony's own Antigonous Bearbait won the bardic competition and
was presented with some beautiful gifts.  Phillip White was also given
an "Extremely Honorable Mention" in the Arts and Sciences competition,
barely being edged out by Isobel Hadleigh, Title Artisan of our
College of Three Bridges, for the victory.  Phillip did some excellent
research work and translation of Latin poetry, while Isobel displayed
her stained glass work.

Our barony was well represented on the fighting field as well, with
five fighters entering the tournament.  I believe that Don Llywelyn
was the last fighter out of the tournament, though the others, Rory
O'Hearne, Daniel of Cameron, and Leyla (for give me I forget her last
name) all had a marvelous time.

I encourage everyone in our barony to attend events held by the rapier
community.  There is fun to be had by all.

Ld. Timothy of Glastonbury
Looking forward competeing in Passage of Arms