ES - Armor and Garb Workshops

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Mon Jul 12 22:29:30 PDT 1999

Come one, come all! There is an armor and garb workshop
at Ld Caelin's house this coming Saturday (July 17th).
We will be making and repairing loaner armor (both light
and heavy) and creating garb for the hospitaler.
We will also be making arrows for the war.

For the inveterate fighters, there will be pick-up fights
and a pell in the back yard. In the unlikely chance that
I get the part in time, we will have a hot tub. Otherwise,
we will have a cold tub and sprinklers. The house is
air conditioned, of course. Kids are welcome, but bring
entertainment for them (games, toys, video tapes, etc.) as
my kids are late teens. No smoking in the house. The cat
will be outside for the day and I will vacuum and mop after
he leaves.

The location is 2220 Patterson Pl, Arlington, Tx, 76012. Get
to I-30 and Fielder (the turn off for fighter practice) and
go North instead of South. At the next light, turn right (East)
and go to Davis (the next light). Turn left (North again) and
go to Rocky Canyon. Turn left (West) and go to Patterson Pl
(North). We are at the top of the cul-de-sac.

I will serve soft drinks, water, tea, and some food. If you
wish to bring food, do so! I have one sewing machine to loan,
pounds of rivets (both screw and hammered) of 1/2 and 3/4 inch
lengths, a 100 lb anvil, hammers, some leather, some cloth, etc.
Bring what you can.

Though the goal is loaner gear and garb, you may bring your
personal "stuff" and work on it. There will be experienced
people to provide advice, tools, and supplies.

Please come to work and party!

Caelin on Andrede