ES - Yule Revel feast

Jane Sitton-Logan/James D. Logan jesl at netzero.net
Tue Jul 20 18:09:33 PDT 1999

Bonjour, HL Mara, from Madelina de Lindesaye.

Funny you should ask.  Laird Logan and I were discussing plans for starting new
batches of beer, wine, and mead.  We could certainly make some for cooking
purposes at Yule Revel.  Any preferences as to what kind of beer and wine?  The
mead will be on the sweet side, made with my first batch of home grown honey.  I
could make some dry, as well, if you need some.

As for herbs, I have currently three varieties of mint, sage, oregano, dill,
basil, yerba buena, rue, and rosemary.  Let me know what you need, and I can dry
it for later use or transplant some into a cold frame for use come December.
Also, if there are some other herbs you want that I don't have, I can plant them
now.  I'm going to make my herb bed larger any way, and it won't be any trouble
to add what you need.  We also have several varieties of peppers.  A new variety
Logan found is even hotter than the kind he used to make his infamous "biohazard"
pepper liqueur.

What kind of bread do you need?  Logan has turned into quite a baker.  I say it's
because he has the forearms for it.

I usually don't volunteer until I actually arrive on site because I am frequently
thwarted by the perversity of inanimate objects.  (ATYC was a case in point...
the car was overheating, and wasn't reliable for a drive of more than ten minutes
or so.)  I certainly hope we have reliable transportation by December, but in
case we don't, I am willing to volunteer to help if I can ride with someone to
the event.  (You may remember that I don't live terribly far from you, across the
street from the back of the Motel 6 that faces I-35.)

In any case, I'll do what I can to help.  If I can't make it, surely someone can
swing by & pick up some bread, herbs, wine, & beer on their way down to
Dragonsfire Tor.

Amicalement,
Madelina