ES - More precise Info

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Thu Jul 29 20:30:43 PDT 1999

I have seen a Barony around half the size of Elfsea give 6 events
during one calendar year, including 2 kingdom events and 1 regional
event, and enjoy all of them.  However this was in the Outlands and
customs are a little different.  Firstly, officers are not required to
work each event.  A 'tourney-crat' ran each tournament, the
'feast-o-crat' ran the feast, the 'site autocrat' ran site coordination.
The autocrat and officer just supervise as necessary.  The only persons
that worked at every event were the Baron, the Dance Guild Master, and
maybe the Herald.  Secondly the apprenticing/mentoring system was VERY
firmly established.  An autocrat had to have a good excuse not to have a
deputy autocrat in training.

  Her Excellency has a good point that we have too many meetings,
guilds, practices, etc for one person to contribute to everything.  We
get to enjoy our friends longer if we take care not to burn them
out.