ES - [Fwd: SCA in the news]

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:55:40 PDT 1999

Dear Llywelyn and others,

I hope you have since taken the time to read the response made about the
said news articles.  A gentle from that region (whose name is unrecollected
by me now) sent a letter to the newspapers in question, regarding the
particulars of that event.

According to the gentle's report, the gate lists recorded less than 2000
people at the event.  Also, the people in charge of the said facilities were
completely satisfied with the efforts made by the SCA group concerning
sanitation, and parking, etc.

Apparently, some people near to the park had not been "notified" about the
activities and the newspeople got wind.  The piece does seem to have a very
negative view of the SCA.

I think what this suggests is that we need PR people more than ever to help
us deal with the media, to be certain that the best image of the SCA is
presented and (at the very least) not misrepresented.

Just my $.02

Allessandre