ES - What group used this site?

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Mon Jul 19 07:22:31 PDT 1999

Galen here...

I was one of the last to leave fighter practice
last evening.  As I was finishing packing up my
armor and chatting with stragglers, I looked around
and asked "what group was using this site?"

Half a dozen empty plastic sports bottles, a
jug of hot water, a pack of cigarettes, and
a couple of handfuls of random trash bore silent
testimony to someone's recent presence.

I know that I'm not even remotely the only person
who joined an SCA that takes pride in leaving sites
cleaner than we found them.  That's how I know that
some other group than the SCA must have used that
place last.  How they escaped my notice while I
was disarming remains to be solved.

But I did salvage a nice pair of copper-rimmed
aviator-style sunglasses.  Gavin and I cleaned up
the rest.

- Galen