ES - RE: ANST - XXth Event

Vicki Marsh Vicki_Marsh at administaff.com
Mon Jul 19 14:14:51 PDT 1999

HL Angus Duncan Cameron wrote asking for my "once most cherished memory from
20th."

Xene here:

I can't recall just one.  There were too many.

Standing with Countess Tessa and her son Zane.  I received the award of the
Madonnas of Ansteorra (at the Coronation of Johnathan I of Ansteorra)
primarily for taking care of little Zane while Tessa and Simonn were Prince
and Princess.  I have some very fond memories of that little guy, who now
towers over me.

Introducing my nine-yr. old son to Zane and seeing the future in their eyes.

I also had the joy of introducing my ladies-in-waiting to Tessa, as I was
her lady-in-waiting.  She taught me a great deal about this fellowship of
ours called the SCA.

On Sunday, I stood with my arms around Brenda the Potter and Tessa - we
three Madonnas of Ansteorra.  The day before, there was another one at
Court, Baroness Gwenneth.  So there were four.

Also, on Sunday, I introduced Jovian Skleros to Michael Myriologos - Michael
introduced me to the SCA and was the reason that I chose a Byzantine
persona.  He is a good man and a good friend.

During the break, when Sir Galen had us all stand, then sit down, year by
year as to how long we had been in this Kingdom.  Wow.
Those of us who were at the First Ansteorran Coronation were left standing
and turned around to face the crowd.  I looked around and saw a lot of
gray-hairs with brass hats - and saw the past in their eyes.

What I really saw were those great people who had a Dream so many years ago,
and wouldn't let anyone keep them from achieving their dream.  Then I looked
at the rest who came along in the last twenty years.  From the oldest to the
newest, they all are part of that Dream, of loving and living history, of
sharing ideals of Honor and Courtesy, a Dream of Ansteorra.

In humble Service,

Xene Theriane, OL
Baroness of Elfsea