ES - [Fwd: SCA in the news]

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Mon Jul 19 10:56:59 PDT 1999

Better public relations. The council believed that the SCA group
knew they had underestimated the attendance and declared a smaller
number to avoid the regulations on larger events. This is probably
not true. They should have talked with the local authorities and
established some raport. If they had, there would be less suspicion.

We need to talk to the local authorities (city council, police, fire)
in Canton and other event sites to establish a dialogue. Invite them
to observe the parts of the event with great public appeal (tournaments,
courts, etc.) If they feel they are a part of the event, then they are
likely to defend us rather than criticize us.

Caelin