ES - Elfsea Scroll and other things

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Thu Jul 1 19:32:32 PDT 1999

Greetings, Elfsea!

     I received my Elfsea Scroll today.  As usual, our Barony produces a
wonderful newsletter, helping to keep all of us up to date on the
"happenings" of our Barony.  A hearty "Vivat!" needs to go (as always) to
Lady Arabella and her helpers.
      As many of you know (or don't), I am unable to play very much in the
SCA due to my mundane responsibilities as a junior dental student at Baylor
College of Dentistry (by the way--does anyone need dental care?  Please
contact me privately if interested...).  I miss playing with all of you.  I
look in the Scroll, and I am happy (and sad) to see so many names I don't
know.  That means that so many newcomers are taking a great interest in
keeping our Barony strong (this makes me happy).  And that also means that
I don't know all the wonderful people who are taking care of what I think
of as "My" Barony (this makes me sad).  Please don't stop what you are
doing for our Barony.
       The people that I met when I first joined the SCA helped me to make
Elfsea "My" Barony, as they do for many newcomers.  I can't imagine playing
with anyone else.  Life IS Good in Elfsea.  Keep that feeling strong for
all our members.  Make them have a "longing" for "home" like I do.  I,
unfortunately, cannot be in Canton for ATYC due to my resposibilities at
Baylor, and because of my intolerance to the heat.  If I can, I may make it
to court and feast.  But whether I am there or not, all of you will be in
my mind.  To my fellow rapier fighters, do me the pleasure of fighting with
honor for the Crown, your consorts, and yourselves.  One day soon I will
rejoin you on that field.
       This was not meant to be a sob story, or an "excuse" for not
playing.  This is what I feel.  Enjoy ATYC, and remember the stories so you
can tell me at Elfsea Defender!!

In Service, as always,

Lady Genevieve de la Gamba
Former Rapier Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor
Lady-in-Waiting to Mistress Xene Therianos
Matron, House Silver Moon