ES - Embassy Row at Elfsea Defender

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Thu Jun 3 15:29:48 PDT 1999

Allessandra asked me to post this advance copy to the
Elfsea list for criticism and suggestions:

Tired of needing an army to set up a culture camp at Defender?
Wondering how you as an individual can display your culture?

Try an Embassy!

This year at Defender - IN ADDITION TO THE CULTURE CAMPS - we will be hosting
an "Embassy Row".  Individuals or groups may bring a pavillion or booth to
display their culture, close to the list field and their Excellencies.  You
can do both the camp and the embassy, but you don
,t have to have a culture
camp to have an embassy.

What can you do as an ambassador?
Lots of things:
1. Sponsor a weapons-style that your culture used during the
tournament.
2. Teach a class on something done in your culture (Origami, sonnet
writing, learning how to use a  drop spindle, dyeing...)
3. Host a gathering for singing songs and telling stories of your
culture.
4. Present food of your culture.
5. Just show off (a little bit) of your culture.
6. Have Fun!

This is an opportunity for those whose cultures are not as well represented
or don
,t have the resources for a "full" camp.  It allows for smaller groups
(including those groups of one) to play host and introduce us to their
culture, without having to break the bank or their back to do it.

Come have fun with us at Defender in a way that seems familiar, but
different!

 Embassy Row will be located conveniently next to the Baronial
Pavillion, just opposite of the List Field.