ES - Weatherford group -- demo??

Jane Sitton-Logan/James D. Logan jesl at netzero.net
Wed Jun 16 10:50:54 PDT 1999

Greetings again from Madelina de Lindesaye!

Perhaps the parties interested in starting a Weatherford group might be
interested in holding a demo as a means of gauging the support for a new
canton or shire.  After July, of course.  The second and third weekends
in August are open, but that leaves little time for planning, plus the
heat is unbearable then.  September is very busy with Defender, so maybe
October?  It's much cooler then.  Cloaks and armor can be worn with ease
then.

I know Lady Gemma doesn't subscribe to the list, but she might be
interested in renewing an effort to start up a group in the Weatherford
area.  I'll email her and see what she has to add to this discussion.

Obviously, there are several people more than qualified to be a
Seneschal out in that area.  The question they have to ask themselves
is, "do I have the time/energy/patience/tact to deal with all the
paperwork, details, and headaches that will result from starting a new
group?"  That's not to say that it won't be fun.  There might even be
joy.  There always is when making new friends, which will happen when
new people get introduced to the group.  But it is a heck of a lot of
work, too.

Just a few thoughts.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's time for a new
shire out west.  If there is anything I can do to help, feel free to
call on me.

Amicalement,
Madelina
(817)568-0412