ES - Fourth of July

David Young David.Young at rich.frb.org
Tue Jun 29 07:32:06 PDT 1999

My Lords and Ladies,
If you are interested in working with professional fireworks, now is your chance.  I have a non-SCA friend who is performing 2 shows this weekend and has asked me for help - he is short 2 crew members.  Unfortunately, I already have my own shows for both the 3rd and 4th, and will not be able to assist him.

These shows are hand fired, and the work involves digging in mortars as well as assisting with the actual firing.  There is a little pay involved, but the smell of the cordite and the excitement are worth the trip.  It also counts as one of 5 apprenticeships required for a pyrotechnic license.

And YES, fireworks are documentable at least into the 1400's in Europe.

I will vouch for this man's safety record and character personally, he is the president of my fireworks club, and a careful, honorable man who runs a safe show.  If I could help him personally, I would.

If you would like to pursue this, please contact me privately at:
dayoung at flash.net or (972) 291-9422 as soon as possible for details.

David Cade