ES - Information on the danelaw?

david young dayoung at flash.net
Tue Jun 29 21:10:40 PDT 1999

Greetings all, and warning - I just got back from the Cedar Hill Jail.
My son was there for having a sword in the truck with him.  He is
charged with "unlawfully carrying a weapon"....I think they said it was
a class B misdemeanor. This was NOT a concealed weapons charge, he told
the police it was there when they stopped him.  From what little I could
get from the police, it was illegal because he was not taking it to or
from a show or shop.  Does anyone know if this is a state law or maybe a
city ordinance?  How does that affect us carrying live steel to and from
SCA events?

David Cade