ES - FW: ANST - Steppes Warlord Report

CaptnAnn at AOL.com CaptnAnn at AOL.com
Fri Jun 4 07:15:12 PDT 1999

Greetings and a very good morning to your Majesties Ansteorra, Gunthar and
Sara!

I was feeling a bit low because my Lord Charles and I couldn't make Warlord
this year as we always do because it is my 'birthday' event, so to speak
(personal obligations prevented this), but having just read your accounting
of the activities, which I very much enjoyed, I felt like I was there in
spirit with everyone. Thank very much you for this. :-)

It was wonderful to hear that the theme of this year's event -- Greek Gods
theme -- did turn out well and that everyone enjoyed themselves. The
tournament sounded wonderful, and my Congrats go out to Lord Bayne, Hrabia
Sir William the Bear, and especially Sir Timotheos for doing so well.

I would also like to send Congrats to Duchess Willow for her 20 years, Sir
Timotheos for his Knighting, Baroness Clarissa for her upcoming Laureling,
and Baron Sir Terans for his Knighting (welcome to Ansteorra!). My heart also
goes out to all the family and friends of King Osis of Eldormere, and his
lovely Queen -- she is indeed a valuable and wonderful tribute, and gift, to
what we believe in, in the SCA.  Mine and my Lord's most sincere condolences
and love go out to her as she now stands alone, leading her great Kingdom.
What a gracious and special woman!

All the vigils sounded lovely, and oh Sir Terans!  When I read about him
kneeling in the rushing water to swear his fealty, I nearly cried.  And then
His Highness Daffydd (most Chivalrous man that he is) actually CARRIED his
lady through the mud and water!  VIVAT!!

I am sorry that Baroness Clarissa's Laureling ceremony did not occur, but
perhaps I can be there in the future when it is held.  :-)

Your note has been indeed inspiring, and I look forward even more to
returning to playing more regularly again after, a very long hiatus.

Thank you again your Majesties, and I wish you both a beautiful day!

Lady Anne de Chartrese
Contessa-less of Fools to Duke-less of Fools, Lord Charles de Chartrese,
the Great Barony of Elfsea -- where Life is indeed good!