ES - Highland Games

Sharon P. vivaine at home.com
Mon Jun 7 04:27:50 PDT 1999

Greetings Elfsea

Highland Games is such a pivotal event in my life, and is also very special
to alot of people, including the mundanes who's only chance it is to get to
see this type of fighting.

Thank you to all who showed up to make this event special. I know it was
truely a labor of love due to the extreme heat. Everyone did a great job.

Because of that I propose two possible ideas for next year.

First, we fight only in the mornings. I know we draw our biggest crowd in
the afternoons, but i think if we advertised a fighting schedule BEFORE the
event, i.e. on the Elfsea Website and the Scottish Festival website and
program.  Possibly, if we let more mundanes know we can only fight in the
mornings, we draw a good crowd, not conflict w/ music schedules and those
big hunky guys in kilts throwing a bag of hay.  Plus the fighters and the
crowd don't have to suffer thru that heat.

The other idea i would liek to propose, is someone possibly offering a class
in Demo Fighting.  Doing demos is so much different than a regular SCA
tournament.  Afterall, demos are for drawing crowds and giving them a taste
of what we do.  It is also a chance for alot of fighters, who aren't usually
in the position of having to entertain a crowd, a chance to learn how to do
so. It's a great prep for tournaments that require entertaining the
crowd..i.e. Lyoness.

Anyway, im late for work and these were my two cents.

Thanks Elfsea...you did a great job this weekend!!!

Vivaine