ES - FW: Virus Notification

Vicki Marsh Vicki_Marsh at administaff.com
Fri Jun 11 06:23:53 PDT 1999

Yes, I received one e-mail yesterday from my supervisor, but it was signed
by another manager (using his full name, that he never uses).  It had a .zip
file attached.  I had to delete it, then empty the trash.  I then re-ran the
virus scan.  And the Subject line of the e-mail was and RE: of a subject
line that I had sent to my supervisor and the manager.

We just got an e-mail from our IT saying this was the WORM.ExploreZip Virus
and that it had hit at least 30 users on our system.  The virus goes through
and randomly deletes files.  We now get to check and see if any of our files
have zero bytes in them.

Oh, Boy!!

Xene