ES - Weatherford group?

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Wed Jun 16 09:19:03 PDT 1999

>Bonjour to the list from Madelina de Lindesaye!
>
>A few years back, Lady Gemma of Firth (whom I call my aunt by virtue of
>her being like a sister to my late mother) and a few others expressed an
>interest in forming a new group out around Weatherford.  (She lives out
>between Lipan and Santo, which is somewhat closer to Weatherford than to
>Fort Worth.)  She was told by whomever was Kingdom Seneschal at the time
>that there wasn't enough support for the idea, and that a new group
>would most likely not be approved at Kingdom level.  Perhaps things have
>changed since then.  From looking at the map of Ansteorra, there doesn't
>appear to be a shire or canton one between Elfsea and Mendersham.  There
>seems to be much potential for growth to the west of Elfsea.  I think
>maybe the time for a new canton, or even a shire has come.
>
>I know everyone in Elfsea seems very busy, but if adequate interest was
>expressed, would anyone be willing to support a new group out west?
>
>Just curious.
>
>Amicalement,
>Madelina

I live the opposite direction from Ft. Worth, but if I can be
of assistance to SCA members trying to form a new branch in
the Weatherford area to facilitate their SCA participation,
I'm happy to help any way I can.  I sure I'm not the only one.

After mid-July, of course.

The first question to ask is how many people in that area
want to be part of a new group.  Is that number enough?

The second question is whether the new group would prefer
to be a Canton of Elfsea, or an autonomous shire.  If a
shire, does it want to claim area currently claimed by
Elfsea?

The third question is what does the new group want to _do_?

- Galen of Bristol, Viscount, KSCA, Pel., etc.,
former Kingdom Seneschal