ES - forbidden words

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Tue Jun 22 07:33:43 PDT 1999

>Bonjour from Madelina.
>
>This begs the question... aside from the obvious (profanity and curse words),
>what words cause one's epistle to get bounced?  (George Carlin's infamous list,
>containing words such as "titillate" comes to mind..... LOL)  Or will answering
>the question get your letter bounced?
>
>In a goofy mood--
>Madelina

That's right, simply listing the words would get the message bounced.
The forbidden words in Emher's note were a two-word phrase that
refers to a document whose purpose is to RELEASE information to
the PRESS.  A note of Xene's bounced recently because it contained
the word "money" in all capitals.  Another note bounced recently
because it contained the name of the recent trojan horse virus that
went around.  A note of mine bounced because it contained the
prefix "un" attached to the verb form of the noun "subscription".

The system is designed to screen majordomo commands, as well as
suspected spam e-mail, and even confirmed viruses.

Profanity would not automatically be bounced, I don't believe;
so don't post it.

What a neat service.

- Galen
listadmin