ES - New Piece

Ken Stallman erland at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 2 05:20:41 PST 1999

Gosh Donnel is that really you? The same Donnel I remember? If so, that goes
back a bit!
You got the naming mostly right, however it was Sula von Pherdenthal (sp?) who
applied the name, and it was at Rai's first event...a TRF. Rai was becoming a
member of House Thornwell in those days. Thornwell was a colorful and eventually
an Outlawed Household from which sprang 2 Barons of Bjornsborg, Rai and Jan.
We've only had 3 Barons, and guess who Outlawed the Household? Mari was not part
of Thornwell. She played with a local group on the other side of the political
fence of the time.
Scions of House Thornwell went on to be Knights, Crown, Pelicans, and Laurels
and Nobility. Jan and Kemreth were Crown. Sula and Darcy edited TI and
Blackstar. Turpin Trollsaint disappeared. Alltogether an exciting and dynamic
group of folks who helped mold Bjornsborg into the Barony it is, and who helped
make Ansteorra a Kingdom.

Erland, who every now and then has the mist clear from his memory of ancient
events.