ES - Have I made a big blunder?

Matthew Saroff saroff at poseidon.vs.lmco.com
Thu Mar 18 06:19:52 PST 1999

On Mar 18,  7:58am, Armand Dragonetti wrote:
> Hello once more,
>
> I just got a message from an individual that took offense at "Born on
> the List Field" being recorded and online on my photo page. According to
> the respondent, "Born on the List Field" is not to be written down or
> recorded. Can someone please confirm this and advise me as to whether
> I've committed a transgression? Should the link be removed? The person
> making the complaint mentions a gentle named Gerald, a previous bard of
> Stargate, as being quite adamant about this. I do not wish to quote the
> message I received, as it was a private post and I don't want to be the
> cause of a long counter-productive discussion or cause that person
> unnecessary grief. But I do wish to defer to those of you who might know
> better than I. I despise censorship, especially of my own site and
> investment, but at the same time I don't want to go against traditions
> or rub people the wrong way needlessly. Thanks for your help.
Hi,
	From a strictly legal perspective, if you are just linking to a site,
it's fine, if you have it up on your own page, it could be an issue, though I
can't see anyone going to court over this.
	From the perspective of politeness and consideration, if the AUTHOR
complains to you or someone who represents themselves asa designated agent of
the author (or their heirs), you should take it down.  Anyone else may be
speaking from an mis-remembered conversation from many years ago, or confusing
two different artist, etc.

--
Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
msaroff at pobox.com