ES - Springfaire Saga (Chapter 2)

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 16:31:33 PST 1999

If Fearghus would do the honor of sending this on to the Ansteorra list
and perhaps even Central, I would be grateful.

-Allessandre

When we last met, Lord Ulrich and Lady Igraine came to Elfsea's
Springfaire with the understanding that this would be no ordinary
tournament.  And it certainly hasn't.  Although Lord Ulrich finds
attention divided between the field of honor and his pavillion, he would
say that it's been an interesting and enjoyable experience, and as for
Igraine... Well, let's just see shall we?

And now the second chapter of

		Springfaire Saga

Lord Ulrich comes out upon the field with his opponent Sir Donner.  When
the heralds cry "Acknowledge the consort's favor you bear" they both
turn to Sir Donner's lady, Mistress Gerdis.  Sir Donner is puzzled
enough that he takes a moment to talk to Lord Ulrich.  "My lord, why bow
to she who is _my_ lady?"  "Ah," replies Ulrich,"but who can say whose
she will be when this fight is fought?  My lord, I do but honor your
lady who inspires me to do my best for her honor and entertainment."

Sir Donner is impressed by this speech and lets Ulrich know that
whatever the outcome, Ulrich is invited to his camp and be entertained
by Sir Donner this evening.  Lord Ulrich accepts with a smile.  And
lay-on is called...

Meanwhile Lady Igraine is not having the most satisfying time of her
life.  She had thought that being under Sir Ehrlich's pavillion would be
wonderful and although she has had her fill of sweets and drink, she is
quite bored.  Sir Ehrlich spends all of his time with his buddies and
doesn't come near the pavillion, and she is quite alone otherwise.
However, she has hope; a lady combatant named Vanessa de Gascon.  She is
quick and light on her feet.  Igraine watches the fight intently, hoping
that she might be "set free".  As the blow falls, she nearly cries aloud
with joy - The lady has won!

Tears almost blind Igraine's eyes as the Lady Combatant strides forth
and kneels at her feet.  "My lady, I come to escort you to my pavillion.
All I can do to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable I shall
endeavor to do."  "And I," said Lady Igraine, "shall endeavor to compose
a song to delight your ears and those who also attend you.  I have been
a prisoner and now I am set free.  I am delighted to be your 'ransom'."
And they set off to sit under the little pavillion already adorned with
the Lady Combatant's Consort.

Thus ends Chapter two of

		Springfaire Saga

Tune in next week for the third Chapter of

		Springfaire Saga!