ES - It's been Great

Wayne & Jeaqnmire Remes Remes at flash.net
Wed Mar 17 07:43:31 PST 1999

Well this is just about it.....As many of you know, Jeanmaire and Diane are
already in North Carolina, and I will be leaving for North Carolina Friday
afternoon after work.

We came to Ansteorra from Drachenwald not knowing what to expect, both of
us being from East Coast kingdoms. After 4 and a half years in Elfsea
neither Jeanmaire nor I really ever became Texans, however we did become
Ansteorreans.

Having lived in Atlantia, the East, Drachenwald and now Ansteorra, and
experianced the SCA in all these places I can say with certainty that of
all these places life was best in Elfsea.

It is with real mixed emotions that we leave Elfsea and Ansteorra....on the
one hand the friendships we've formed have been very strong, and my
fighting has improved a lot. Diane had a great time at fighter practices
and events, and the general attitude toward children in the SCA has been
much better than we had seen it anywhere else. Jeanmaire was able to do
what she likes to do best...impart knowledge.
On the other hand we are both east coast kids, have family in North
Carolina, and Jeanmaire's Asthma problems have been worst here than
anywhere else.

We left Atlantia 11 years ago and now we are returning. Atlantia is where I
was knighted and Jeanmaire received her laurel, however the SCA is, if
nothing else a place of change. Many of the Atlantian Dukes, Counts and
Knights, Laurels and Pelicans you see at Gulf wars were not peers or had
not even found the SCA when we were last in Atlantia. I think the new
Atlantia will take some getting used to.

That's it for now....our new address is   550 Timberlane Trail
                                                         Salisbury, NC
28144

                                 Our Phone number is (704) 637-2594

     When our E-mail address changes I'll post it to the Elfsea net.

   All you stick jocks come out to fighter practice tonight and hit me one
last time.

     Axel

    LIFE IS GOOD IN ELFSEA (Many of you have no idea how good!!)