ES - Have I made a big blunder?

Timothy of Glastonbury timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 06:21:15 PST 1999

Armand, allow me to explain as best as I can what the gentle was
speaking about.  The author of that song wished it to be passed down
through the oral tradition.  As such, _I_ feel that a recording,
especially as part of a larger work as Drake's Knighting, is not a
offense to this wish. But what I feel does not matter.

The important thing here is what you feel, as it is your site.  If you
feel it is a violation of the author's wishes that this be passed in
the oral tradition, then remove it, and place a note on there
explaining why, and most Ansteorrans will respect that.

Ld. Timothy of Glastonbury
Who is safe, and well, in San Antonio, getting settled in his new
apartment.

---Armand Dragonetti <dragonetti at generich.com> wrote:

> Hello once more,
>
> I just got a message from an individual that took offense at "Born
on the List Field" being recorded and online on my photo page.
According to the respondent, "Born on the List Field" is not to be
written down or recorded. Can someone please confirm this and advise
me as to whether I've committed a transgression? Should the link be
removed? The person making the complaint mentions a gentle named
Gerald, a previous bard of Stargate, as being quite adamant about
this. I do not wish to quote the message I received, as it was a
private post and I don't want to be the cause of a long
counter-productive discussion or cause that person unnecessary grief.
But I do wish to defer to those of you who might know better than I. I
despise censorship, especially of my own site and investment, but at
the same time I don't want to go against traditions or rub people the
wrong way needlessly. Thanks for your help.

> Armand Dragonetti

<HR>
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Hello once more,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I just got a message from an
[...]
needlessly. Thanks for your help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Armand
Dragonetti</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>