ES - Winning the War

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at Filemaker.com
Thu Mar 4 13:46:18 PST 1999

OK, here's how I see it:

War points are as follows this year:

Archery                                    1 point
Live Weapons                               1 point
Arts & Sciences                            2 points
Volunteer                                  1 point
Light Weapons Champion Tourney             1 point
Heavy Weapons Champion Tourney             1 point
Open Field Battles (Best 2 out of 3)       1 point
Fort Battles                               1 point
Resurrection Battle                        1 point
                                          =========
                                          10 points total

Let's look at that again:

                                           Ansteorra           Trimaris

Archery                                    1 point
  I think we've traded back and forth in the past, but I feel we'll take
this.

Live Weapons                                                     1 point
   Trimaris always takes the knife/axe/spear throw.

Arts & Sciences                            1 point               1 point
   We split these last year, I expect to again.

Volunteer                                  1 point
   We always take this point

Light Weapons Champion Tourney             1 point
   We'll take this one again, too.

Heavy Weapons Champion Tourney             1 point
   We're real strong on this, as well.

Open Field Battles (Best 2 out of 3)       1 point
   We have a good shot at taking 2 of these.

Fort Battles                                                      1 point
   They've been beating us at this.

Resurrection Battle                                               1 point
   And they'll probably get this, too.
                                          =========              =========
                                           6 points               4 points

If I'm wrong about archery, or about taking half the a&s, then it's a tie.
If we can't do as well on the field this year as last, we'll surely lose.
But if we can take more than half the 4 heavy weapons combat points, we'll
certainly win.  Does everyone see how their contribution can help?  We've
all heard about the A&S grand melees, wherein a part of the A&S points
are being awarded on the basis of _number_ of entrants?  We all know about
the volunteer point, which also earns our group money?  Every person going
to the Gulf War can help win it.

- Galen