ES - Dragsonfire Tor

Paul Mitchell Paul_Mitchell at filemaker.com
Thu May 13 08:48:01 PDT 1999

Galen here, trying to head off popular questions...

The Canton of Dragonsfire Tor is holding
Guardian of the Tor at the same site as last year.
Take I-35W to Hwy 67, south of Ft. Worth.
Go South and/or West on 67 past
Cleburne, cross the Brazos river,
and turn left into the Triple T Ranch.

The following is copied from the event website
at < http://members.home.net/elfsea/tordef.htm>.

I look forward to seeing you there!
Guardians of the Tor VIII
May 16-19th, 1999
A.S. XXXIV

Join us for fun food and games as Dragonsfire Tor
presents the eighth annual Guardians of the Tor.

Gather with us at this beautiful site in Glen Rose,
Texas, as we once again seek those brave and chivalrous
souls who wish to compete for the honor of Champion
of our gentle canton in Heavy, Archery, Rapier, and Bardic.

   There will be a trading circle on one or
      more occasions during the event.
      A trading circle works this way:

  Bring unwanted, or fun items, and a
  chair. We will then sit in a circle to barter
  and trade for those items we covet.
  However, no one may speak or barter
  out loud. Yes, this will be done in
  complete silence. It is fun to bring many
  items so that if there is a larger, or really
  coveted item, then you can try to silently
  come to an agreement for a trade. Doesn¹t
  this sound like fun?

 Big Sven¹s Tavern has agreed to join us this year.
 They will be serving a simple fare of hearty and
inexpensive delights such as pancakes and sausage,
breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, hamburgers,
hot-dogs and chips, perhaps a hearty stew for dinner.
Drinks will include coffee, iced tea and cocoa.

Merchants Welcome! Please call ahead with space requirements.

There is a beautiful river on site. However,
swimming is at your own risk. Children going
down to the river to play must be
accompanied by adult. Minors must be
accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
They may also attend with a twenty one-year
or older adult with a signed and notarized
minor event waiver form from the parents.

What more can we do to entice you to come to this
wonderful event, at this beautiful site, where the
flowers bloom and the river flows gently by? We are
open to any and all suggestions that any gentle may
have. There is much word fame of this thing called
MAGIC. The magic of an event, of a night, of a
moment. The magic that can change our hearts forever.
We¹ve all felt it; we all carry it with us. Bring plenty of
this magic with you, re-kindle it for yourself, stoke the
fire until it blazes and then share it. It¹s worth it!

 Site Opens: 4 p.m. Friday May 14th
 Site Closes: 2p.m. Sunday May 16th
                               Site Fees : 12 and over $6.00
                               6-12yrs $3.00
                               under 6yrs of age are Free

                               No Family pays more than $18.00 Site Fee
                             Make checks payable to SCA Inc./ Canton of
Dragonsfire Tor

                                                          AUTOCRAT
                                                  Lauretta d¹ Avenporte (Ann
Davenport)