ES - defender culture

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Fri May 21 10:22:54 PDT 1999

> Elfsea Defender is what I consider one of the premiere events held in
> Ansteorra.  It has always had a unique atmosphere and has always been very
> entertaining.  Some of the best SCA times I have had.
>
> If it ain't broke don't fix it.
>
> KK

Though the adage is generally true, it is also true that if you do the same
thing over and over and over, then many people will get tired of it. We want
to keep Elfsea Defender a premiere event. We want to keep most of what we
have
done previously, but add a little new to it each year to keep it (and us)
from
getting stale. Given the time constraints, that generally means dropping
something to add something.

How about relating what you liked best about previous Elfsea Defender
events?
Maybe we can preserve those elements or even expand on them. We certainly
want
everyone to have fun (including the stewards and staff) and continue
remembering Elfsea Defender as a (or even the) premiere event.

BTW, please excuse my ignorance, but who is KK?

Life *is* good in Elfsea.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede